After reading the heading of this article, you must have smiled for a while and dubbed it yet another article, which intends to showcase the impossible thing to achieve. We all have heard time and again that nothing is impossible, if we do the thing sincerely. This also holds true as far as living longer is concerned. You have to practice hard in order to inculcate discipline in your life, if you wish to live longer. We bet you can achieve this:
1. Avoid Fast Food — According to a study published in the journal Public Health Nutrition, it was revealed that if you rely on junk food like, pizzas, hamburgers, doughnuts, hot dogs etc., you are bound to suffer from depression in the long run. Moreover, after savoring fast food items you will remain less physically active and don’t go for foods like nuts, fish, fruits and vegetables.
2. Sleep and prevent weight gain — If you are having a full night’s sleep you can prevent weight gain and obesity stressed American Heart Association’s Epidemiology and Prevention-Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism 2012 Scientific Sessions. This study highlighted how sleep deprivation triggers additional calorie intake. Did you know sleeplessness also release more ghrelin, a hormone which signals hunger and less leptin. If your mind is overactive you will not be able to sleep.
3. Avoid White rice — White rice have been found trigger type-2 diabetes in a person reveals researchers from Harvard and British Medical Journal. Rice is quickly converted into sugar and causes spike in blood sugar. People in the west take one to two servings in a week in the West, while in Asia people take three to four servings.
4. Take Popcorn — Popcorn contains a healthy level of antioxidants more than some fruits and vegetables. They are also packed with fiber. Popcorn can be said to be the king of snacks.
5. Positive Attitude – If your partner has a cancer, you might have an increased risk for coronary heart disease and stroke, revealed Swedish Study in the Journal Circulation. The news of partner suffering from cancer triggers the risk of mental illness, depression and stroke. Moreover, if your sibling has suffered from stroke, you also have a 60 percent heightened risk of stroke. The point is take it easy have a positive attitude towards life. Do some deep breathing exercises. Focus on your breath once a day for some time.
6. Exercise — If you wish to enjoy optimal health and healing, exercise and walking are touted as best exercises for human beings. It requires no equipment; all you need is good pair of shoes. Try to increase your heart rate when you walk. Stretching is also the natural form of non aerobic exercise, it improves flexibility.
7. Gardening — Gardening helps you in connecting with the nature. Even if you live in an apartment, you can grow tomatoes, herbs and flowers. It gives your body a required workout.
8. Use Ginger — Ginger aids digestion. It treats nausea and motion sickness, strengthens mucosa lining of the upper GI tract and protects against the formation of ulcers. Take ginger based ginger syrups.
9. Eat Fish — Eat fish twice and soy foods for twice a week also eat broccoli.
10. Avoid drinking — Heavy drinkers can develop cancers of mouth, throat, stomach and liver. If you are female and a moderate drinker it increases the risk of breast cancer.