There have been several ways responsible for an individual to encounter allergic reaction. You may notice that dust, pollen etc., which can be found in your bedrooms, carpets, blankets, feather pillows, heating vents, dogs, cats hair, curtain etc., have been found responsible for allergic reaction in a person.
In order to avoid allergic reactions, you will have to remain cautions and follow the following advice:
1. If you have pet at home, shift them to another home. For example, if you have cat at home, you can reduce cat allergens in the air by bathing the cat weekly and brush it frequently.
2. In an effort that your family members remain safe from allergens remove carpets and furnishings time and again and use a vacuum cleaner having a high frequency filter and room cleaner.
3. Wear a face mask when you clean your house and keep the cat or any other pet out of your bedroom at all cost.
4. Avoid exposure to irritants like insect sprays, air pollution, tobacco smoke, paint or fresh tar.
5. Try to remain indoors during morning hours, if possible, when outdoor pollen levels have been at peak.
6. You should use a dehumidifier to dry out the basement or another damp room.
7. Almost all carpets are bad as they trap dust and you need an established vacuum cleaner service provider who usually uses powerful vacuum cleaning equipment having a high efficiency filter.
8. If you are an allergic person, you should use air conditioner inside your home or in a car to prevent pollen and mold from entering. Remember very small air cleaners can’t remove dust and pollen and no air purifier can prevent viral or bacterial diseases like pneumonia, tuberculosis or influenza.
9. If you have got an allergy you can control it via medications like antihistamines and topical nasal steroids. Topical nasal drops are anti-inflammatory drugs which stop the allergic reaction. Did you know Cromolyn sodium nasal spray helps in preventing allergic reactions from starting?
10. Remember decongestant nasal drops and sprays should not be used for more than a few days. When using nasal sprays up to 2 weeks before you can notice its effect, not before that period.
11. Be sure to sniff air by breathing in through each nostril before spraying otherwise medicine will be wasted.
12. You can also use allergy shots in an effort to reduce allergy symptoms. This treatment is called immunotherapy it will take around 12 months to get its benefits.